Thursday, October 8, 2009

When Life Gives Ya Lemons....

Our current lemon is not having a vehicle.
Our car went kaput back in June and we haven't been able to afford another one without going into debt. So, we have been "car-less" for about 4 months now.
Thankfully, we live in an area where we are within one mile of the post office, library, doctor, grocery store, wal-mart, bank, etc.

But, we can't walk to the nearest campground.

My (now) 3 year old wanted to go camping for her birthday. And I really did too. We really enjoy camping but we haven't gone in a long time.
So, we took the lemon of a situation and turned it into something fun.

roasted marshmallows over the gas stovetop
plus a tent in the living room
plus cold air streaming through the screen door
equals good memories and fun




I have grown so much in the past couple of years. This past year, especially, I have learned to be flexible - something I have always had such a hard time with.
Life has thrown me a lot of lemons and now I've decided that when they come I will
squeeze them for all they're worth
add a bunch of sugar
and enjoy my lemonade.
The enemy of my soul will not have victory in my life.

Every perfect gift is from above. God takes all things and turns them into good for me. I want HIM to have the victory in my life.

No comments: