Sunday, October 4, 2009

First day of fall?! September 22nd

There are drawbacks to living in a place where it is almost always sunny with a clear blue sky. And that is, that it is almost always sunny with a clear blue sky.

Rarely do I experience the melancholy pleasure of a cloudy day.

Never have I had the joy of a thunderstorm.

Seldom do I experience the cleansing, refreshing sound of rain.

And today, the first day of fall, it is over 101 degrees Fahrenheit. Seriously. The first day of fall?!

Oh, well. I guess there are pros and cons to everywhere. It WILL get cool sometime this fall. Just not yet.......

2 comments:

Hannah* said...

You have yesterday and today! Fall has finally arrived and there has been no sunshine. I want to go home from work and curl up in bed with the cold air blowing in through the window and take a looong nap. Oh well, at least we have a "real" fall...finally!

Liz said...

i know!
it has been MARVELOUS!!