Sunday, May 9, 2010

On Being a Mom to My Munchkins

I thought I was a complete person.
I was an adult.
I was in possession of unique gifts and talents and abilities.
I had a "profession".
I was me.

And then I became a mother.

And everything changed.

A whole new me was birthed.
New thoughts. New ideas. New creativity.
Just because I was in the presence of my beautiful blessings.

Learning from them.

Growing up with them.


My house is messier. The dirty dishes pile up in the sink a lot faster.
But the trees are greener.
The sky is bluer.
The clouds are so much puffier.

Because my children bring them to life in a whole new way.
Seeing life through their eyes is amazing.
Helping them discover the world and their gifts and dreams is creativity in action.

The joy of being their mother is indescribable. I thank my Heavenly Father for the gift of these beautiful babies.



4 comments:

Angel said...

Love it Girl! And your so right, your children are one of the greatest gifts from God. I often wonder... How did I live without Makayla to begin with? I can't even imagine my life without her.

Nichole Chavers said...

Love this Elizabeth!! Happy Mother's Day!

Charles Chen Photography said...

Have you ever considered writing the messages inside greeting cards? This is the best! :)

Liz said...

Thanks so much!
Happy Mother's Day to the 2 of you ladies as well!